5 replies to this topic

#1 Leopold Butters Stotch

Leopold Butters Stotch

Sir, you're grounded

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:55 PM

does anyone know how to create a public css server??? i searched and i 've found that i have to install source dedicated server.i did that but it seems like a lan server not an internet....
Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal...

#2 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

Read the tutorials again. The dedicated server (SRCDS = Source Dedicated Server) works both in LAN and internet mode.
Posted Image

#3 Leopold Butters Stotch

Leopold Butters Stotch

Sir, you're grounded

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:57 PM

yes but i only know the lan ip...i run the server and shows me one ip which is the lan

#4 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:22 AM

You can check your external IP address at http://whatismyip.com. You need to do port forwarding on your router too. Check Google for hosting a dedicated server behind NAT. Basically you need to a) do port forwarding correctly and b) may need to start srcds with -ip 0.0.0.0 parameter or -ip <your external ip>. The -ip parameter tells the srcds to listen connections on the specified IP. If you use 0.0.0.0 it should listen on all available IPs.

This stuff you can find on existing tutorials.
Posted Image

#5 Leopold Butters Stotch

Leopold Butters Stotch

Sir, you're grounded

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:46 PM

i found something but i don't know how to start srcds with my external ip as you said....i tried many things i saw on google but every time i run the server i get this in ip address(always my lan ip) :rtgeety.png -do i have to patch my server?????????? also when i try to port forward is show me two options: one with pre-defined which shows me games but css is not in the list(it is only half life and half life server option)tpoetkpo.png and one other with user defined ijtpe.png . but i don't exactly know what to do.i did some things but nothing happened:( my router is siemens sl2-141...also sometimes i run the server it show me ''couldn't allocate any server ip port''

#6 Waats

Waats

Expert

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:23 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users