• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

All well and ok that u started to participate in this forum but do keep in mind that u just got here and don't make hasty conclusions about people.
Tiger has way more experience in css than u do, and he's been here for a long time therefore it's not your place to question him, at least not jet.
Try to get a feel of how things are done here. Take this as an advice so you don't end up like ex-porovs(cataliz,silent..) and some still active ones..

being a porov = being an idiot

Well you can't compare Tiegr to his former self (Maksa). He _kinda_ had control over himself in the old days but then he went haywire and now we call him The Drunk Troll. :)

#22 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

Nothing is PERFECT (well, there is that one player who plays on Setti 1 ...).

Well you can't compare Tiegr to his former self (Maksa). He _kinda_ had control over himself in the old days but then he went haywire and now we call him The Drunk Troll. :)

Perplexer is on fire. :grin:
Posted Image

#23 PHOENIX

PHOENIX

Old School Member of Setti

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

These servers are one of the worst that i have ever seen regwise. Server reg is even worse than it was on 2007, when there was constant timeouts and lags that lasted for 1-4 secs 25 times on every map. Its just because this game was meant to be run on lan and not internet where every third worlder can join in with ping 150. Still on 2010 there are servers running with more than 16 players (ROFL). Also, you new players, you all suck so much, its impossible to play with you without getting sick feeling on my stomach. But thats how it goes, new players eventually ruin everything. Enjoy your ruined shit servers run by complete idiots. That is what you deserve.

thats right, i have the same feeling in my stomach. i have to say i become more and more agressive cause of this new players like this shittalker b00n.

#24 Guest_b00n

Guest_b00n
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:24 AM

Still the question: How come EVERY (at least) second headshot is NOT registered???
Do you at least have orange box engine (you should actually), but have you checked it?? Cause you don't use original valve server tool + crack, but some custom versions shit.

#25 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:37 AM

Do you at least have orange box engine

Everyone is free to use any color engine they like. We don't discriminate.
Posted Image

#26 Guest_b00n

Guest_b00n
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:44 AM

Noob admin with noob name

#27 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

Said the noob to the admin.
Posted Image

#28 Guest_b00n

Guest_b00n
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

Said the noob to the admin.

Stop trying to flame me, have a coffee break, read and submit this to your fellow server owner: https://support.stea...=5386-HMJI-5162

While I might as well be flaming and agressive, globally thinking I am doing a favor to help you make your servers better...

#29 PHOENIX

PHOENIX

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

lol a "favor" youre a shittalker. your mindless arguments are useless like you. be sure the admins here are making the best for the server and the players, so shut your fucking mouth and stop to agitate us. idiot

#30 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

Stop trying to flame me, have a coffee break, read and submit this to your fellow server owner: https://support.stea...=5386-HMJI-5162

While I might as well be flaming and agressive, globally thinking I am doing a favor to help you make your servers better...

Although it may seem helpful it is not. That article is general babble. "Determining optimal maxplayers" is a good example. Anyone who wants to host a server shouldn't be "counting bits" whether he can have 12 or 13 or 24 or 31 or 32 players. If that is an issue then the person shouldn't be hosting a server at all. Same goes with server rates settings - if performance is a problem get a better server. 80% of that tutorial is about those issues, 15% about Windows and 5% is about HLDS.

The problem is that terms like "sys_ticrate", "platform", "high-resolution timer", "ping booster", "alias parameters", "uplink", "process priority", etc. etc. bullshit makes it seem important. The article contains so much irrelevant hype that it's not reasonable to believe that the rest of the article would be more relevant either.

I suggest you take a look at stuff like http://css.setti.inf...ds/ratetables/. We know what we are doing. It is possible to change config and do stuff but not just because there is some noob writing about realtime device drivers. Changes happen when they make sense.

Eventually optimization will just lead to things like these:

* http://people.summit...d-gettimeofday/
* http://people.summit...indows-opinion/

That stuff is too difficult for noobs to even comprehend so they won't write about that stuff in their tutorials. When you post something which makes sense it is more likely that changes happen. Posting loads of crap is not useful. Even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn. The more you post crap the more likely it is that there would be something useful but the more you post crap the less anyone gives a shit.

This kind of suggestions arise every now and then and I'm hoping I can link to this post later on :smile-thumbs-up:

You can play on other servers if you think that the hitreg is bad and everything is crap. Here's a list of servers: http://css.setti.info/servers/css/
Posted Image

#31 Guest_VicTorZ

Guest_VicTorZ
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

be sure the admins here are making the best for the server and the players

LOL. Good thing I found this topic :thumbup:
Hitboxes are actually bad, that I know from my own experience, so server optimization could really make it better for players.
and please watch this demo: Setti CSS server 2010-12-06 14:13 de_inferno
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :popcorn:
Fun from map start to ending :thumbup:
Then tell me about admins.
There might be good admins, but there are too few of them, sorry to say.

#32 PHOENIX

PHOENIX

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:25 PM

its okay to give up a suggestion. but this boon idiot thinks he have to flame the admins. some admins in game could be "bad", maybe. but to call k1ller a "noob" is shit. and btw I was not talking about the admins in the game. the full admins are trying to do the best for the server. the other admins in game are banning, not more, but k1ller and some other admins are trying to optimize the server for us. and thats not the same.

#33 PHOENIX

PHOENIX

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:26 PM

nice answer k1ller :smile-thumbs-up:

#34 Guest_VicTorZ

Guest_VicTorZ
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:31 PM

LOL, this is very funny to be asked, but please give me admin in game. :artist:
I'm tired of cheaters freerunning in Setti servers, so to even more noobs and cheaters appearing in setti servers.
You cannot ban noobs, but cheaters are what drive professional gamers like me away from actually less or more advanced servers.
Right now I am still playing on setti, because there are usually many intelligent players at evening and my ping is best comparing with (less or more) normal servers. :gun:

#35 Guest_VicTorZ

Guest_VicTorZ
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

:lol: So, will ya?
For the community

#36 Guest_VicTorZ

Guest_VicTorZ
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

I go into setti 4 : first thing spectating: cheater
I go into setti 3 : first thing spectating: cheater
I go into setti 2 : first thing spectating: cheater
I go into setti 1 : first thing spectating: cheater
I think, that I am attracting cheaters :wacko:
Make me an admin please :ph34r:

#37 PHOENIX

PHOENIX

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:35 PM

youre talking shit thats all!! At server 1 were no cheaters, you joined the server 1 and after 20seconds u were talking about cheaters lol just look at the demo:auto-20101208-1434-de_cbble.dem >>>>tick around 37500 , at server 3 were 3 cheaters, I banned them after el greco called me. You could tell it too. but im sure u dont had time for it, only time for talking shit at forum. Your "cheaterdetection skills" are zero. dont report any cheaters if u join a server only for 1min. 1 min is not enough to check up all players at a server. and please tell me the cheater at server 1, I was online about 1-2hours. and youre taking about admin rights? u dont want to become a admin to make the servers safer. you only search for a reason to ban!!!

VicTorZ ( ♬.mp3 ) connected.
Redownloading all lightmaps
sodovsik killed Sgt.Reefer[FIN] with m4a1.
*DEAD* Sgt.Reefer[FIN] : hyeh
*DEAD* Sgt.Reefer[FIN] : im so bad with awp
*DEAD* VicTorZ ( ♬.mp3 ) : cheaters, cheaters, cheaters :S
vollk$ suicided.
VicTorZ ( ♬.mp3 ) : who's admin???
kj killed Kamikaze BBL | FairPlay with p90.
Valhalla killed Al1 with deagle.
VicTorZ ( ♬.mp3 ) : any one?
*DEAD* vollk$ : прчапр
Sgt.Reefer[FIN] killed MartinI with p90.
kj killed LoL with p90.
PHOENIX<mp3> : whos cheating
j � �zek killed AnoNinja187 with ak47.
j � �zek killed sodovsik with ak47.
bivbi connected.
VicTorZ ( ♬.mp3 ) : setti 4 3 2
FU killed Sgt.Reefer[FIN] with hegrenade.
VicTorZ ( ♬.mp3 ) : every one of them has cheaters

lol you have started talking shit 20 seconds after you joined the server

#38 PHOENIX

PHOENIX

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

LOL, this is very funny to be asked, but please give me admin in game. :artist:
I'm tired of cheaters freerunning in Setti servers, so to even more noobs and cheaters appearing in setti servers.
You cannot ban noobs, but cheaters are what drive professional gamers like me away from actually less or more advanced servers.
Right now I am still playing on setti, because there are usually many intelligent players at evening and my ping is best comparing with (less or more) normal servers. :gun:

I couldnt find your stats, whats your name at the game. I just want to see if youre a regular.

"I am still playing on setti"

#39 Guest_VicTorZ

Guest_VicTorZ
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

What do you mean, talking shit?
So you want to tell me, that reporting cheaters is talking bullshit?
Also, don't start telling me about skills or something if you don't have them. I have been admin before and never banned without being 100% sure.
I have seen enough times you failing to notice cheaters.
What do you mean, you cannot find my name in the game when you were just posting it here.
I don't know about stats, I lost my achievements several weeks ago, maybe that affected.

And please stop whining and learn some grammar.
Your posts give me impression, that you haven't finished elementary school yet.
(If you think that I'm english, you're wrong)

#40 Guest_uhhh.... forgot?

Guest_uhhh.... forgot?
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

I thought you had to pay $50 US for setti admin?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users