CSS on Ubuntu
Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:05 PM
Im trying to launch css (nonsteam, downloaded from here, setti version).
But i cant find any working way to do it.
1. I tried Wine, but im just learning with linux, so command line is too difficult for me now, so i nothing worked for me(but if you know how to play with it, write here).
2. I tried WMware, but there is a little bit of lag, and mouse is not working (starts to spin like hell), so this way is not good either.
3. VirtualBox cant launch it normaly (it has not enaugh power to run CSS).
So, maybe somene cauld help me and ububtu community?
Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:27 AM
In this short tutorial I will show you how to get CS:S running on Ubuntu with Wine - Windows Loader.
Tutorial is divided in three sections:
1. [color="#006400"]Wine installation(latest version).
2. [color="#A0522D"]Extracting and patching "Counter.Strike.Source.2010.Orange.Box.NoSteam.[Setti]" game.
3. [color="#008080"]Fixing bugs(server browser and console fonts)
STEP 1: [color="#006400"]Wine installation
Open terminal window
- to get wine version write
The latest Wine version is wine-1.3.11. If you don't have latest version, please follow next two uninstall/install steps to upgrade to the latest version.
- uninstall old wine version
sudo apt-get autoremove wine<VERSION> // if version is 1.2.x write wine1.2
If you want a complete uninstall, execute the following commands in the following order:
rm -rf $HOME/.wine rm -f $HOME/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine* rm -rf $HOME/.local/share/applications/wine rm -f $HOME/.local/share/desktop-directories/wine*
- install latest wine version
Add Wine PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppaUpdate APT's:
sudo apt-get updateInstall:
sudo apt-get install wine1.3
STEP 2: [color="#A0522D"]Extracting and patching
- locate downloaded Counter.Strike.Source.2010.Orange.Box.NoSteam.[Setti].exe file.
- Counter.Strike.Source.2010.Orange.Box.NoSteam.[Setti].exe right click and select open with Wine Windows Program Loader.
- click browse button and browse for C:\Program Files folder (don't create any game folder, installer will do the job for you). Click OK and wait for game extraction to finish.
- copy latest game patch CSSource.2010.OB.NoSteam.[Setti].Patch.v28[0.to.28].exe to the game folder located in "Home Folder/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Counter Strike Source 2010"
- right click on just copied patch file, select open with Wine Windows Program Loader and patch the game.
- right click on place_shortcut_on_desktop.exe and select open with Wine Windows Program Loader.
- Now you see two files on desktop, the first Counter Strike Source 2010 and the second Counter Strike Source 2010.lnk. Delete both files(they are buged).
- go to Main Menu(windows start menu)->Wine->Programs->Counter Strike Source 2010, right click on Counter Strike Source 2010 shortcut and select Add this launcher to desktop.
STEP 3: [color="#008080"]Fixing bugs
Fix for server browser and console fonts.
Open terminal and add lucida and tahoma font to the fonts folder
winetricks lucida winetricks tahoma
That's all folks.
Launch desktop shortcut and pwn some noobs.
- using latest sound and graphic drivers is a good idea.
- disabling desktop visual effects is a good idea too.
- running with ALSA sound driver is also a good idea.
- using decent hardware is the best idea.
- using onboard gpu or using AMD gpu is a bad idea.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users