#1 Selena

Selena

No Nonsense Taker

• Moderators - Minecraft admin
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSetti 3's Kindergarten

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

World running out of IP addresses

“I thought it was an experiment and I thought that 4.3 billion would be enough to do an experiment,” Cerf, who is Google’s vice president and “chief internet evangelist”, was quoted as saying in an interview. “Who the hell knew how much address space we needed?”

Cerf who created the web protocol created the IPv4 in 1977. He said he never expected his experiment “wouldn’t end”. “It doesn’t mean the network stops, it just means you can’t build it very well,” Cerf said.

IP addresses are the unique sequence of numbers assigned to each computer, website or other internet-connected devices. They are not the same as website domain names. The overwhelming number of devices now accessing the internet means the addresses are running out fast.

To resolve the crisis, an updated protocol for the internet, IPv6, currently being planned by the industry, will create trillions of addresses.

Few, days back, we have a news that, Facebook and Google is working to bring next version of IP address protocol i.e. IPv6. We have to now, just wait and watch what is going to happen in recent future.

#2 TupaC

TupaC

One of us

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

old shit

#3 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:12 AM

http://penrose.uk6x.com/ - (There are 6 days until IANA Central Registry IPv4 address exhaustion.)

Next week the world will collapse. Year 2012 is nearing... :(
Posted Image

#4 Selena

Selena

No Nonsense Taker

• 702 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

old shit

You are quite wrong... this was just realised

#5 Selena

Selena

No Nonsense Taker

• 702 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

http://penrose.uk6x.com/ - (There are 6 days until IANA Central Registry IPv4 address exhaustion.)

Google and Facebook better hurry up with IPv6 otherwise I think we will have a technological breakdown

#6 Guest_Tiegr

Guest_Tiegr
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

Who knew that server that once was nice and cool only perm bans skilled players while its infected with real cheaters 90% of time? How hard can, for example, speedhack be to notice? Seems its extremely hard to notice if its on admins own team and helps with easy frags. Why else would it happen over and over again, year after another? Thats okay for me tho, i am not planning to play on a server where network quality is terrible, admins are hopeless retards and players are lowskilled bots.

#7 Sculder

Sculder

President

• 363 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

Google and Facebook better hurry up with IPv6 otherwise I think we will have a technological breakdown

Its like "millennium bug" all over again. Not enough that dead bin laden sending tapes from the grave. Now this. The horror!

#8 Guest_Xarc

Guest_Xarc
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:20 PM

well ... this is it ... now you must learn to grow crops of grain.
you will reach to the wooden hoe and wooden plug.
you will be left out of IT jobs.
HORROR say Sculder.
"the prophet"

#9 Selena

Selena

No Nonsense Taker

• 702 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:20 PM

Its like "millennium bug" all over again. Not enough that dead bin laden sending tapes from the grave. Now this. The horror!

Exactly! :/

Don't worry though, this just means don't go and buy a new device that is able to connect to the internet. ISP's will still be able to connect a whole ton of people because they purchase thousands upon thousands of IP addresses so that their business can run effectively.

#10 DarksZ-DeathsZ-

DarksZ-DeathsZ-

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:37 AM

:no: ................. Dont collapse pls ....... :no: ...It will no collapse .... :no:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users