Custom weapons

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guardian

Guest_Guardian
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:56 PM

How the hell do I equip custom weapons? It might be a dumb question, but just "equiping" them in backpack does not work. I tried equip them in game and also menu before actually joining some server and nothing happened. Is something wrong wih my game?

#2 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:03 PM

After you have equiped the weapon you need to go to the ammo cabinet or respawn. I assume you've tried this though.

Sometimes equipment doesn't work when connection to Steam authentication servers is lost by the game server. That happens because server needs to know which players have access to special equipment. If the server doesn't know which players have access to which weapons then just the default weapons are allowed.

It's also possible that your game is somehow messed up. Read the chapter below and try to figure out something why your game is not functioning as expected and that's as good as my guess would be in here.

As disclaimer I have to say that I'm not 100% certain how the authentication works. Couple times I've had the problem myself that I join a server and I cannot use the special equipment. I've also seen other players occasionally mention this. Quite often the problem is resolved by re-joining the server.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:14 PM

I tried everyhing. I have played more than 20 hours and tried occasionally changing the equipment; as I said in-game and in menu. Nothing helped. I dont know if the game is messed up, I could not find better release. This one Ive got is from samuray88(from TPB.org).
I have unlocked all things, I assume by default, as a "precracked" version..

#4 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

Read the chapter below

What exactly do you mean? Your post, or Is there some "FAQ" somewhere?

#5 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

I have unlocked all things, I assume by default, as a "precracked" version..

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
Posted Image

#6 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

Does it change something here? Nope. From where do you have your version? Post me a link please.

#7 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/

People who need to ask this kind of questions should just buy the game. You'll get all the support you need from Valve then. That's what I did and it's lots of easier than dealing with new updates every few weeks.
Posted Image

#8 Guest_Guest

Guest_Guest
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:42 AM

If I had the option to buy it, I would do that. Since I CANT, I must look for something else.

#9 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:46 AM

People who need to ask this kind of questions should just buy the game

Oh and one more thing. My version maybe fucked up, that is why I asked. I can find one myself, but I thought someone with functioning custom will tell me for sure. Obviously I was wrong. If you have a problem wih that, you can http://css.setti.inf...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_arrow.gif ...... ;)

#10 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:35 AM

Where did you get your TF2? There are updates to it every few weeks so you would have to download the updates too, have you done it?

One quite good way to get things working is this. Install Steam and then get Steam patch from http://cs.rin.ru/forum releases board (requires registration). Then download CFToolbox. Then download the GCFs for TF2 (any version is OK), this can take quite a while, not just downloading part but finding the packages. Then download update files for your TF2 version or request the required updates on the request board - CFToolbox will tell you what updates you need. Then your are good to go, launch TF2 from your Steam. When TF2 is updated the next time you need to go to cs.rin.ru content sharing board and download the updates and apply them with CFToolbox. This is the best way for TF2 in my opinion because CFToolbox is a superb program to handle the updates and everything.

Why don't you have an option to buy it? Did you mean: money
Posted Image

#11 Guest_Guardian

Guest_Guardian
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:50 AM

Not everything is connected to money pal. Its kinda personal. But I greatly appreciate your help. Ill try it out and Im sure it will work. Hopefully.

#12 Guest_Guardian

Guest_Guardian
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

http://cs.rin.ru/forum

And the sie does not seem to work... http://css.setti.inf...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_question.gif

#13 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

Cs.rin.ru is down every now and then but it'll be back online. Try again later today, tomorrow or next week.

How can buying TF2 be a personal issue? You were a developer and they kicked you out and now you want to get back at them? :lol:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users