Admin recruitment criteria.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 cr3

cr3

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:37 AM

Just got banned on main server for WH by Al1. Never heard about him before.

Now the main question: what are the recruitment criteria? Do you take into account the experience and how long did a player played at setti? Or do you just give admin rights to every random bots who reports a defined number of cheaters, as this bot Al1?

#2 PHOENIX

PHOENIX

Old School Member of Setti

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:37 AM

ouch :D Bad Al1 Bad :thumbdown: :whistling:

#3 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:52 AM

Defined number of obvious cheaters. I really doubt he can spot a smart wallhacker for example. What's next? k1ller or Ghost getting banned? Rofl
Think before you speak before you drive me mad.

#4 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:10 AM

Ghost and k1ller recruit new "limited admins". They don't play so they can't know who is a real noob based only on the post the requester makes. I am not involved and I don't know who ends up with the ban permission, but I haven't requested they consult with me before adding anyone either. So they add who they add but I am sure they tell them to ban only cheaters and nobody else. Now even with that said, all limited admins will occasionally ban non-cheaters also. And since "cheaters" include WH-ers, flash/smoke, they will try to ban those as well and that's the problem. It happens too much lately. Most can't correctly spot a wallhacker. Granted, it is hard. I will suggest Ghost and k1ller tell new admins to ban only AIMBOTS (aim, norecoil) and not WH/FLASH/SMOKE hackers. I will tell Al1 and others when I see them.

#5 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:36 AM

^ That is correct. There are 5 servers and that is why there needs to be 5 times as much admins as before. It's impossible to be cherry picking for years to find good admins (such as current full admins ;-) and let cheaters run amok during that time. Lots of limited admin privileges have been removed too. It's better that there are some admins rather than there are none.

All limited admins also get same rules to ban only cheaters and no-one else.
Posted Image

#6 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

Let him who is without sin among you be the first to cast a stone. -- Jesus

^ Everyone makes mistakes. Too many mistakes and you're out! But few mistakes are OK.
Posted Image

#7 PHOENIX

PHOENIX

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

I think we should make a list of all Regulars and Admins, then show that list to all new limited Admins.

#8 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

I think we should make a list of all Regulars and Admins, then show that list to all new limited Admins.

Already done. List of all regulars is a bit more difficult ;-)
Posted Image

#9 masterx

masterx

Expert

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:19 PM

People shouldn't ban smart WHs as Peppy said if they ain't sure if they are cheating or not.
But as I find it I'd prefer get the guy out from server for couple of hours (not world crushing or so) instead of playing with a "possible" wallhakcer - after all it's just a temporary ban - and check it later on on a DEMO.
c2=a2+b2-2abcosγ

#10 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:58 PM

People shouldn't ban smart WHs as Peppy said if they ain't sure if they are cheating or not.
But as I find it I'd prefer get the guy out from server for couple of hours (not world crushing or so) instead of playing with a "possible" wallhakcer - after all it's just a temporary ban - and check it later on on a DEMO.

Agree on that. Better safe than sorry.

#11 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

Agree on that. Better safe than sorry.

cr3 would probably disagree with that. Especially on the main server there is no room for errors!

#12 PHOENIX

PHOENIX

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

Already done. List of all regulars is a bit more difficult ;-)

really? do we have a list of all limited Admins? I never saw it before :D I'd be interested in knowing how many limited admins we have. Hmm where is that list? We could make a list of Regulars. I think thats not really difficult, but difficult to notice :D Maybe the new Admins should cast an eye at psychostats to impress the Regulars, more or less.

#13 Selena

Selena

No Nonsense Taker

• Moderators - Minecraft admin
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSetti 3's Kindergarten

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

The problem is that limited admins don't spectate for long enough or don't spectate at all. I have seen this a few times where a player would tell an admin that a certain player was hacking and the admin would ask "are you sure?" and then without bothering to see for himself that poor person would get a ban. I haven't personally done this but I have made a few errors in the past with banning incorrectly and with a few wise words from other admins I have become wiser.

#14 Al1

Al1

Pro

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 700 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:49 PM

Wow wow wow slow down cr3
did you say everything, i dont think so
you shooting and killing me trough the wall almost two times!
every admin would bann you for that.

I did a mistake
remember i asked you that you are shooting me trough the wall and you said ..yes..
so i said that was wallhack dude and you said ...yes... again. That was my mistake
and i banned you for 2 hours
i asked you these questions because i knew you were a regular player on setti servers.
i was expecting that you would apologize like i am sorry that was a lucky shoot or some shit like that but you were mean and arrogant.
try doing all these things that you did to me to the Full admins and we will see how they will react.
i think you will be banned permanently so you are lucky that i am a limited admin.
i dont care who you are and i dont care that you are calling me a bot but i am doing my job correctly.

i have my own theory about css players.
1. bot = bot
2. noob = noob
3. good player = good player
4. noob + wh = noob
5. good player + wh = hell
6. noob + aimbot = fkn hell

you can find yourself here. :thumbdown:

#15 PHOENIX

PHOENIX

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 1,046 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

i dont care who you are and i dont care that you are calling me a bot but i am doing my job correctly.

Hooo Hooo Al1 be careful m8, you made a mistake so say sry and its ok. I would say bot too - cr3 is an regular player at setti and im sure its 100% very annoying for cr3 - so u have to understand him. stop being a hardheaded and dont say u would doing your job correctly. Everybody can make a mistake - and thats ok - but you have to accept your mistake. just a hint :smile-thumbs-up:

#16 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

List of admins should not be made public. If I were to cheat I could just check for those names on servers and go and cheat if it's no admin. Also I would quit as soon as that admin joins.

@Al1, If you knew that cr3 is a regular you would disregard his bashing. Also, wtf, are you asking a player if he cheats ?

We the regular can also bash full admins, with some limits of course. And hope that admin is in a good mood :)

#17 Al1

Al1

Pro

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 700 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:52 PM

I already said that i made a mistake because i asked him some questions.
i asked these questions because of the lucky shoots that happens often in the game.
before when i began to play this game i was in spectate. I watched cr3 playing and i didnt see that he was cheating. I only saw that he was a good player and that he had good moves and because of that i asked him these questions. I was confused when he was killing me trough the wall. For me its hard to bann the regular players and also for the other admins.
I have feelings when somebody is trying to make a noob out of me. :no:

#18 breezer

breezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:17 PM

first of all ,who's Ali? i know cr3 for over 3 years now ,my fun clan (rushers) mate and skilled player as well ;)
: "remember i asked you that you are shooting me trough the wall and you said ..yes.." that's how we laugh at clowns like u.
:i was expecting that you would apologize like i am sorry that was a lucky shoot or some shit like that but you were mean and arrogant. Who the fuck r u? to get apogolized ? how long u've played here?the whole month?
On ur bike bot to setti #2-5#
Rush 'em n00bs ...

#19 Gringo13

Gringo13

Hell's janitor

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Location9th Circle (still fixing the heater)

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

A1 wants to be respected haha

#20 cr3

cr3

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:35 PM

Wow wow wow slow down cr3
did you say everything, i dont think so
you shooting and killing me trough the wall almost two times!
every admin would bann you for that.

Didn't say that, because you can't hit an enemy trough a concrete wall.

i asked you these questions because i knew you were a regular player on setti servers.
i was expecting that you would apologize like i am sorry that was a lucky shoot or some shit like that but you were mean and arrogant.
try doing all these things that you did to me to the Full admins and we will see how they will react.
i think you will be banned permanently so you are lucky that i am a limited admin.

Don't teach me how to behave. I know far better Setti's regulars (admins included).

i have my own theory about css players.
1. bot = bot
2. noob = noob
3. good player = good player
4. noob + wh = noob
5. good player + wh = hell
6. noob + aimbot = fkn hell

There are only noobs, good players, "normal" cheaters and speeders, which are the real pain, especially when all admins i have on Steam are offline.

Now about speeders: where the hell is KAC? It was pretty good at banning speeders. Was it excluded from setti or it wasn't updated lastly?

EDIT: Why do setti #2-5 have admin rights on main server? Aren't the regulars enough?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users