7 replies to this topic

#1 Mercury

Mercury

Regular

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

setti should host a 5v5 tournament. kind of like cssmixes, but instead, there will be 3 servers

USA server
EUROPE server
RUSSIAN server

:)
Posted Image

#2 smoGG

smoGG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationDüsseldorf / Germany

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

nice idea m8 :)
Posted Image

#3 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:34 PM

In practice things are more complicated. There needs to be organizers and admins online in tournaments.

Example of a failed tournament because people don't have time and resources: http://css.setti.inf...p-competition/. Both organizers and players failed. :confused:

Ideas are easy, completing them is not.
Posted Image

#4 Mercury

Mercury

Regular

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

In practice things are more complicated. There needs to be organizers and admins online in tournaments.

Example of a failed tournament because people don't have time and resources: http://css.setti.inf...p-competition/. Both organizers and players failed. :confused:

Ideas are easy, completing them is not.

I see.
Posted Image

#5 M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

Master Admin ^.^

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

please make again tournament...
Posted Image

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms" ,="" cursive'="">"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

#6 shaines

shaines

shaines

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

The thing about a tournament is that you need the players and the admins.
A tournament without players is quite useless tho, so you are in need of a good communication between admins and players.
But that is actually not possilbe, because everyone has other clients to communicate with.
I was one of the guys who organized it (and yes, I have to admit that I failed hard :D)
and I got the practical knowledge that you have to organize the whole thing like 1 year before it actually happens,
because we all are no professional players and most of us have work, school or are studying so they dont have enough time
to compete at this one day. There are 5 players in each team and the chance that everyone in this team can play at this specific date is not very high.

This whole thing can just happen when there is a good team of admins and a lot of interested players that want to create such a tournament.
There has to be good communication and the date has to be chosen whisely.

But actually I dont think that will ever happen, because...well...I dont think there enough motivated player and admins that would do the whole stuff.
“You can’t believe most of the quotes You read on the internet.” - Abraham Lincoln

#7 Mystery Repeats

Mystery Repeats

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

Even though this is a totally diffrent thing then running a Lineage2 server.

I've experienced the same.
1 of the most important things about an event is an preset date (which could be argued over before actually setting up applications to join the whole thing)

You will have to document all the apllications and also add them online.

On top of that you need somekind of programm (IRC). Or teamspeak like programs to gather the group. And direct them to the desired server/location.

And a lot more.... (Too few time to think about it:P)

Anyways. I could help out a bit. Maybe setting up steps-to-take. But I am no professional tournement host either.

I wouldnt mind to make this idea stand up from his grave. Couse if done properly these things can be so much fun! (and agony, but thats the losing side :D)

Dont know what others say?
Posted Image

#8 IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

IrGeNdJeMaNd-AUT

The Chosen One

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

I´d gladly play a tournament so +1 :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users