Perplexer's PC

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

Some of my fans wanted to know when I will get my new PC so here's what Plexy got so far. :D
The RAMs and the mouse you already met. Just the GFX is missing now. I will get it on monday.
I will post the pic of it then. You deserve to see what you will be getting owned by from now on. :P

If anyone wants a detailed pic or info about any component just let me know.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:25 AM

One question: I thought you lived in Slovenia, do you live in 3rd world country anyway? How come it takes month(s) to get these components? Is EU aiding your country with food supplies? Do you have money for food now? Maybe you could compete in ESL, I heard they give prizes in computer components there.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:45 AM

You sure that was one question ?

Alright, anyway, yeah I live in Slovenia. It takes month(s) because I wanted it to take month(s). That's how I ordered the stuff. But some of it did take up to 2 weeks to arrive. I ordered some from abroad as well. One order I cancelled after 2 weeks cause one item was no longer available so I wasted 14 days there and had to re-order it elsewhere. I could have gotten different parts sooner but I am picky and insisted on exactly the parts I have now, which took longer to ship. Besides, no single store had all the components I wanted. And I'm also not a guy who buys pre-configured PCs.

I have no idea if EU is aiding my country with food supplies. But is a pulsar larger than a quasar ?

I always have money for food. Cola, pizza and cookies take precedence. It's the reason I couldn't buy a new PC for so long. But is your shoe size the same as it was yesterday ?

And, the only prize I need now is the satisfaction of finally owning you noobs properly. :-)

#4 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:01 AM

Fine setup.
I would have gone for Raptor Hard Disk myself from WD but Caviar Black with 32 MB buffer is a good choise also.
As a graphic card I recommend the KING.

ATI Radeon HD 5970
Posted Image

Review:
http://www.gamespot....ws/6240624.html

#5 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:37 AM

Jeez, ATI basically just recently released the 57xx/58xx series and now they're already out with 59xx. But yeah, ATI is owning nVidia nowdays. Their cards are just as powerful but plenty cheaper. I'm gonna go with a HD5770 myself though. I'll probably crossfire it later to keep the final setup at a decent "upper middle class" for a while.

#6 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

And, the only prize I need now is the satisfaction of finally owning you noobs properly. :-)

Maybe in your dreams baby. :lol:

Btw: nice PC, fucker. :evil:

#7 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:47 AM

Oh goodness gracious, look what the postman brought me today, two days early. I must have been a good boy. :-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:19 PM

I hope your card will burn in 2 days. :twisted:

#9 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

nice :) i thought i'll never see the day when u get a new pc :)

#10 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:33 PM

Now all you need to do is to put the components togheter, flash your BIOS, than overclock that CPU to 4.1 GHz.
It's almost a shame not to wake up the powerfull monster inside that CPU.

#11 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:36 PM

now wait for another month for him to build it.
Really hope u didn't spend money on that ugly pc case.
Besides i wouldn't be suprised if u did.

#12 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:39 PM

now wait for another month for him to build it.
Really hope u didn't spend money on that ugly pc case.
Besides i wouldn't be suprised if u did.

Hahaha, jealousy deluxe V2. :-)
I am now superior to you in EVERY way.

#13 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:48 PM

I hope your card will burn in 2 days. :twisted:

LOL :-) The card does look kinda poor with that cooler to be honest. I expected it to come with the full size cooling that covers the whole card. If you type HD5770 into Google images you will see how the HD5770 should look. In fact I was not able to find a single picture of HD5770 that looks like mine. HD5750 looks like that. What the fuck did I get ? :-)

nice :-) i thought i'll never see the day when u get a new pc :-)

:lol:

Now all you need to do is to put the components togheter, flash your BIOS, than overclock that CPU to 4.1 GHz.
It's almost a shame not to wake up the powerfull monster inside that CPU.

I have never overclocked anything in my PC in my life but this time I may actually try it yes. :-) 4.1 Ghz sounds a bit heavy though. I wonder what cooling I would need for that. I'd be happy with around 3 GHz too if stock cooling would handle it, or with minimal external help. Any ideas if P6T Deluxe V2 is EFI flashable btw ?

#14 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:31 PM

stop wankin on that Radeon and join server :D

#15 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:56 PM

Overclocking with stock cooler is not recommended.

You need to find if your CPU is C0 or D0 stepping. Download CPU-Z for full info of your Core i7.
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

There are basicaly no big differences between the two aside from the fact that D0 stepping i7 will overclock a hell of a lot further and will have an increased reliability than C0.
Your P6T Deluxe v2 should have good i7 920 D0 and C0 compatibility and flashing BIOS is needed if you want to bring the BIOS to the latest version.
The manufacturer's website should provide download and instructions...

You can hit 4.1 GHZ on D0 Stepping with no problems using top of the line aircooling like CNPS9900 or something similar, but there is nothing like Watercooling when it comes to overcloking.

Here are some tips about buying an aftermarket cooling

#16 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:13 PM

if u only searched a bit harder SAPPHIRE HD5770 1GB GDDR5.

For the PC case, look at what i found as the best case in the market (my taste) Antec and the place where you'd buy it "Is here".

N00b :)

#17 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

Zbang, it's a D0, that I know. Will check that vid for overclocking when I have time. Should be fun. :-)

oficirnoobko, no shit, something useful from you at last, I would never have expected it. Hah, it says New Edition there, lol. Even though Sapphire seems to be a big name on the market, I dont particulary like them. this is because the R9000Pro 64 MB I bought from them 7 years ago had a bug which caused TV out to stop working after 30 minutes of use. I got a replacement card and it was the same. The shop then gave me R9000Pro 128MB from HIS which still works nice. I'm a little affraid of what this Sapphire card now has in store for me. They still seem pretty sloppy to me. Look at the specs on that page. It says PCIe V2.1, but on the box you can see PCIe V2.0. How stupid is that ?

The case I got may not be the nicest looking one but I wanted a simple but functional case. The old one I got now and the ones I have been purchasing for PCs until now were all small, crammed and a nightmare to work in.

I bought this case for a server last year:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was the first proper case I owned and I liked it so much that I bought a similar one for my work PC now. Inside it is the same, which is what is important for me. Wide, roomy and easy to manage. I wanted a doorless front panel on the new one and I wanted the USB ports in front and not on the side as on that server case. The Antec case got the USB ports at the top which is even better but I think it is a bit too short for my comfort. If you want my advice, when you buy a PC case look for the functionality first and the beauty later.

#18 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:27 AM

Antec are the best of the best, I have one of this http://www.antec.com...php?id=MTIxMQ== and its focking powerul and awesome, I tell to newb Perp ones in game to buy ATX supplies from Antec but newb like a newb didtn listen to me, huahuahua.

And If you want overclock & full "workout" from your PC parts you definitly need Antec, rest ATX suplies are BULLSHIT, BTW, did you have 80+ certified to your new ATX ? If dont, burn it, its useless for your "monster". :)

#19 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

i7 should have new function like "turbo boost", proly enable it in bios and your i7 will work in overclocked mode.

#20 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:47 AM

that means u won't camp at spawn at piranesi (ct), with AWP? ,always defuse ,and help your teammates? Hmmm.... sounds interesting :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users