Perplexer's PC

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:56 PM

I didn't say that and I can't promise that. As I once said, in the "old" days I used to slay campers who camped out of time and kick whores who didn't balance, but since then I realized that I can't change that.

This is a public server and there will always be non-defusing campers and noobs who don't know what to do with the bomb, and there will always be WT whores.

Before, I used to run to defuse a bomb but the terrorists who defended it killed me easily. Then 15 seconds later the bomb exploded and I was like, WTF, and I pressed TAB and I saw that 2 CTs were still alive on the other side of the map. So I asked myself "Why did I go to 100% death and lose my weapon, and those two idiots are fucking around on the other side of the map ? Why did I die for the noobs ?". So I said "never again" .... "I don't die for noobs".

And this is how I play now. I play for my own ass. Ok, if the other alive teammate is a good player then I will go to defuse because I know he will help me. But if he is some unknown noob then I won't go to defuse because I know I will be alone and he will just fuck around on the other side of the map. I also don't defuse or plant if I see that the teams are totally unbalanced. There is no other option on a pub server.

What I can promise you is what I said ..... that I will own you properly now. :-)

#22 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:29 PM

Why did I go to 100% death and lose my weapon

That is indeed a good judgment call. When Psychostats 4 is released (not very soon though) there is a value that tells how often a player's team wins. By saving an AWP one round can result in winning the rest of the map. (<- This is the "winning ratio" that I posted about in the old forums)

Another thing which would be interesting is how often the bomb gets planted or defused when certain player is on the team. This is something that people complain about but they don't realize that it's just a matter of digging in to the logs to get the truth out. (<- This is not yet done ;-)
Posted Image

#23 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:24 AM

Ok here's the locked and loaded comp now.

Posted Image

I'm posting this cause I promised I will :-) and because I want to use this post to also say a few words about the motherboard. By the way, I started to like the this "new version" of the gfx card with the smaller heat sink/fan after all. It leaves room for air circulation and cables/connectors.

The motherboard (ASUS P6T Deluxe V2) ... that's a bit of a disappointment. It may be so with others also but I don't care about the others, I bought this one and some things suck. At the last moment I changed my mind and bought a HD5770 instead of HD4870. Turns out that HD5770 has a 4.8 Gb/s datarate which requires a x16 PCIe slot (as opposed to HD4870 which would work on x8 PCIe with it's 3.6 Gb/s datarate). The problem is that the motherboard only supports x16 PCIe on the upper PCIe_1 slot on a single card config. This means I MUST put the card into this slot and since it is to big, I lose 1 regular PCI slot and perhaps even the second one also because it comes within 2 mm of it. If I insert a NIC or tuner card into the second PCI it will COMPLETELY block the GFX fan. So basically I'm fucked there, I can kiss both PCI slots good-bye. Ideally I could put the card in the PCIe_2 slot at the bottom since then the card would only cover the third PCIe_3 slot (which I don't need anyway). But PCIe_2 works at max x8 on a single card config so I would be bottlenecking it if I put it there.

So this is STUPID and I certainly didn't expect it on a 250 EUR motherboard. Something to think about if you are thinking of buying this motherboard.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:11 AM

Here is a great DX 11 Benchmark for ATI 5xxx series.

http://unigine.com/download/

It's just amazing how tessalation takes advantage of DirectX 11 abilities.
The benchmark is more about the differences bettween DX10 and DX 11 rather the performances.

Check out this video that shows what tessalation is really capable of
... o_response

Damn Nvidia with their delays on DX 11 cards.

#25 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:02 AM

Check out this video that shows what tessalation is really capable of
... o_response

lol how stoopid he sounds :D , same "dx11" look can be done even in CS:S, would he scream too "omg omg look how dx9 is much better than dx13" .
retarded video for retards , "wires and triangles" <- lulz

#26 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:42 AM

[quote name="nice"][quote name="Zbang"][/quote]
lol how stoopid he sounds :D , same "dx11" look can be done even in CS:S, would he scream too "omg omg look how dx9 is much better than dx13" .
retarded video for retards , "wires and triangles" <- lulz[/quote]
In my opinion the video is good. "Wires and triangles or whatyawannacallthem" describes exactly what is on the screen and what counts. Babbling about "faces" or "polygons" or "multifacets" does not tell anything to people who are interested in how good DX11 is. When you see the change from DX10 to DX11 you know that it's something special.

Btw, how do you do hardware tessellation in DX9? How would you have demonstrated DX11 tessellation capabilities yourself?
[quote name="http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2329315,00.asp"]Industry watchers were a little disappointed that hardware tessellation didn't make it into DX10, but it will be fully implemented in DX11. Note that this is the one feature that absolutely requires DirectX 11 hardware. [/quote]
Posted Image

#27 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:02 PM

Thats a point that this video is more about "omg omg dx11" than about tessellation.

in dx9 pretty close stuff can be done with parallax mapping.

now imagine my voice in this video - "on a left side dx11 cube, on the right omg omg dx9 supadupa... go buy r9000pro 64mb"

#28 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

in dx9 pretty close stuff can be done with parallax mapping.]

It may appear close but there is actualy not.
In Parallax Occlusion Mapping the textures are flat while in Tessallation the image is rendered in 3D.

I was one who believed that also but I was wrong.

#29 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

in dx9 pretty close stuff can be done with parallax mapping.]

It may appear close but there is actualy not.
In Parallax Occlusion Mapping the textures are flat while in Tessallation the image is rendered in 3D.

so that makes parallax mapping better for multiplayer games, imagine two players standing at opposite corners at some wall, player with tessallation on will not see other player bc of 3d rocks, when player with tessallation off could see enemy bc flat texture...

#30 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:49 PM

Exactly 8-)

Tessellation as a technique has existed long before DX11 but now it's possible to do in real-time with a GFX card. What they actually do, I think, is apply tessellation + heightmapping. In 3D modelling programs tessellation quite often means softening the corners. When tessellation is done on a flat surface it's possible to extrude it according to a heightmap, eg. bumps on a rock. With DX10 they don't do the heightmapping extrusion either.

so that makes parallax mapping better for multiplayer games, imagine two players standing at opposite corners at some wall, player with tessallation on will not see other player bc of 3d rocks, when player with tessallation off could see enemy bc flat texture...

Yeah, that's great. It's been like that forever with GFX upgrades though. Player with a good GFX card can have shadows enabled and "see" the enemy far before he reaches the corner.
Posted Image

#31 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:37 AM

@Perplexer only 1 thing left to do !new monitor ,try this one :

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users