27 replies to this topic

#1 Selena

Selena

No Nonsense Taker

• Moderators - Minecraft admin
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSetti 3's Kindergarten

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

I am just venting here, join me if you feel the same way.

Lately I have noticed that the servers are always full! When I do finally get a chance to get in, I do my usual press tab routine and check out who is playing when I realise why the servers are full... There are only noobs on, yes... only noobs with scores like 2/15 or even 3/26 (I know! mad!)

They are like a bad disease or an annoying itchy bite... they are always there and there is nothing one can do about it.

Okay well my rant is over.

#2 (CRO) Vlado

(CRO) Vlado

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCroatia,Zagreb

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:57 AM

Yes.
But on deathmach are just 18 places and there is never empty slot to come in :thumbdown:
Can somebody give more slots???

#3 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:59 AM

It would be good to have reserve slots for regular players. It's quite difficult to do though :confused:

More slots won't help much.
Posted Image

#4 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

I saw some "regular plugin" on some server one time. It would kick a non regular and let the regular join. Guess reserved slots can be given on steam id. Dunno if non steam id's are different or they all use the same id. In this case, non steam regulars can't get reserve slots.
Think before you speak before you drive me mad.

#5 M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

Master Admin ^.^

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

I saw some "regular plugin" on some server one time. It would kick a non regular and let the regular join. Guess reserved slots can be given on steam id. Dunno if non steam id's are different or they all use the same id. In this case, non steam regulars can't get reserve slots.

i think is not so easy
Posted Image

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms" ,="" cursive'="">"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

#6 Selena

Selena

No Nonsense Taker

• 702 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

Is there anyway we could run a tester?

#7 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

It's possible to give reserved slots by SteamID I guess but it's not reasonable to go through hundreds of players and manually insert their SteamIDs somewhere. It should be somehow automatic or semi-automatic.
Posted Image

#8 Selena

Selena

No Nonsense Taker

• 702 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

Oh and just to add, I am mainly talking about Pub #3.

Let there be a server called " setti Pub7 (noobs only)

Ohh and another thing... please can there be a limit to the amount of players with AWP. Most of the players just spawn camp with AWP.

#9 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

Ohh and another thing... please can there be a limit to the amount of players with AWP. Most of the players just spawn camp with AWP.

No no no. Don't do that, server #4 is fucked up due to that decision. If you don't like the awp's, play on server #4.

#10 Selena

Selena

No Nonsense Taker

• 702 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:28 PM

No no no. Don't do that, server #4 is fucked up due to that decision. If you don't like the awp's, play on server #4.

Umm its called an idea... and no... I don't like the no AWP server.

#11 el greco

el greco

Pro

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 320 posts
  • LocationPERU

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

I think there has been a conversation again in the past about limiting the awps on server 3 so there is no need to argue again.
About reserved slots matter it would be good to give at least to admins so they could join easier the servers...dont see how it would work to give to regulars too as there would be so much whining of who can get this advantage and who can be called a regular.
the fact that the servers are full is good :smile-thumbs-up: that means that the the setti team is doing a gj.
Caer estα permitido, levantarse es obligatorio

#12 Selena

Selena

No Nonsense Taker

• 702 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

I think there has been a conversation again in the past about limiting the awps on server 3 so there is no need to argue again.
About reserved slots matter it would be good to give at least to admins so they could join easier the servers...dont see how it would work to give to regulars too as there would be so much whining of who can get this advantage and who can be called a regular.
the fact that the servers are full is good :smile-thumbs-up: that means that the the setti team is doing a gj.

+1 1000%. admins should get priority.

#13 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:44 AM

Full server problem is only at #3 and deathmatch. AT #3 only sometimes, usualy you get a slot pretty fast. At the deathmatch one, the problem is much bigger. Often there are cheaters and i can't join. Reducing the slots wasn't such a good idea. 24 was ok, we only needed a bigger map.

#14 Selena

Selena

No Nonsense Taker

• 702 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:47 AM

Full server problem is only at #3 and deathmatch. AT #3 only sometimes, usualy you get a slot pretty fast. At the deathmatch one, the problem is much bigger. Often there are cheaters and i can't join. Reducing the slots wasn't such a good idea. 24 was ok, we only needed a bigger map.

True! but bigger map means more camping... but I agree, bigger map is needed. Maybe DM server slots should be reserved for admins.

#15 masterx

masterx

Expert

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:10 AM

I've found this shit also anoing.
Like:

Joining DM to check how it's going on there "Disconnect Server is full". Mm.. How about de_dust2 only.. "Disconnect Server is full" Damn. Oh well I just go and play Setti Main server Connecting.... "Disconnect Server is full"!

This is the part where I just close cs:s and enter the real world. I aint liking it.
c2=a2+b2-2abcosγ

#16 Luffy-4-

Luffy-4-

On my way to Raftel

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationHeraklion,Greece

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:12 AM

Amen to that...!!!At the last 10 minutes of the map Pub #3 becomes a "All Awp spawn-camping" map...!!!People camp because they dont want to lose their Awp and the map becomes dull and boring every round...!!!I am not saying forbidden Awp i am just saying if there could be any limitation or any kind of restrection maybe...??? :/

#17 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:51 AM

Restrict awp and you'll have a server of tk'ers, trying to get the awp. Seen it already. Know how it ends.

#18 Se7eN.

Se7eN.

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

Simple, turn off friendly fire :)
Posted Image

#19 fofo

fofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

Anyone got any more bright ideas? Some admins skins? Camping plugin? Auto slay if you fail your objective? Come on, bring them all out ! Brainstorming without brains.

#20 Luffy-4-

Luffy-4-

On my way to Raftel

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationHeraklion,Greece

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

Anyone got any more bright ideas? Some admins skins? Camping plugin? Auto slay if you fail your objective? Come on, bring them all out ! Brainstorming without brains.

Please enlighten us mighty and wise fofo...So you are saying that certain spawn camping and AWP-whoring is better than a slight possibility of teamattacking...???Really wise man, really wise...!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users