Server cannot connect

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drpapi23

drpapi23

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

what's up i've been having this problem with counter strike 1.6 lately when it usually works. Every server says it's not responding & i also tried to connect from the console. i also try spamming the join game button but it still don't work. here's the thing i deleted my masterserver.cdf file and downloaded the one from here with no prevail. i also uninstalled and reinstalled my game and the problem is still there. i also tried numerous versions of counter strike including but not limited to v42 protocol 48 and all of them have the same thing. i tried disconnecting my firewall and i also port forwarded counter strike and despite all this it still doesn't work. Funny thing is counter strike source works perfectly. You guys know the problem to this? i'm extremely frustrated with this problem for this game which i think is full of bugs for me.

#2 Answerwiz

Answerwiz

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

First add a server to your favorites, then refresh your favorites list, and then try to connect. You can also try typing; "connect <server ip>", in your console if there's specific server's you want to play. At least this way you're able to play which is better than nothing. When you are re-installing the game, make sure you delete the old installation directory first, and then you know everything's fresh and newly installed.
--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users