13 replies to this topic

#1 Luffy-4-

Luffy-4-

On my way to Raftel

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationHeraklion,Greece

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

Hi guyz, i hope the topic is in the right section LOL. Anyway i just wanted to ask if the new update/patch on CS:S had any side effect on player pings cuz before the update i didnt have any problems regarding my ping, at least no one had complained about it before, i could easily play CS:S in almost any servers without lagging nor ping issues. Now my ping is way above my standars and i cant play in many servers that i used to play including Setti. I hadnt made any changes to my internet connection so i dont have a clue why something like that could happen. I could use some hints/ideas how i can fix things and please dont try to look "smart" with replies like "buy a better internet connection" or whatever i would really appreciate it!!!

Thanks in regards

#2 Milky Pie

Milky Pie

Pro

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

I penis is big when i smile.

#3 Milky Pie

Milky Pie

Pro

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

I dont know why i told this.
I was having hangover

#4 CC:)

CC:)

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMoscow, RU

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

@Luffy,

when in windows push Start button, then type command "cmd"
then in the blank window type following:

tracert 78.46.42.232

then it will show you whole route from your PC to setti server LOL with ping delays, if it is different from what you see in game, then b00bs must be again pulled the weed and somthing went wrong as usual :)

ups, sorry b00bs, it was prps's patch, just read it :)

sometimes i think prpa and Peechkin r one person.

Edited by CC:), 08 November 2011 - 07:17 PM.

We must protect the forest for those who can’t speak.

#5 CC:)

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMoscow, RU

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

Estonian joke?

#6 Luffy-4-

Luffy-4-

On my way to Raftel

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

Well thanks a lot for your reply. I did the command test and the ping was between 37-109 but my ping ingame is 150 more or less with the new patch!!! The thing is that my ping hasnt gone up only in Setti servers its the same thing with almost every server. Its irritating cuz i didnt have any problems before with my ping thats why i though it might be an issue with the new patch!! My ordinary ping is between 90-105 so it matches with the command test!! So is it my fault or not???

#7 Milky Pie

Milky Pie

Pro

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

Estonian joke?

Must be

#8 Marioc

Marioc

Master

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationAthens

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

sometimes i think prpa and Peechkin r one person.

They are not.

#9 tagcollector

tagcollector

One of us

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

also check out your router's MTU setting .
i had a ping of about 120ms and after i changed MTU from 1500 to auto my ping went down at about 90

#10 M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

Master Admin ^.^

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

Usually router have profiles. Like gaming mode or stable mode.... Luffy what's the name of your Internet service provider?
Posted Image

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms" ,="" cursive'="">"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

#11 Luffy-4-

Luffy-4-

On my way to Raftel

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

I got a forthnet connection and a Thomson router if thats what you asked for!!!!

#12 M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

M4Andreas (GR NOOB)

Master Admin ^.^

• Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

I got a forthnet connection and a Thomson router if thats what you asked for!!!!

You can't change your mode via router settings (192.168.1.1 LAN adress) but you obvious have an account in forthnet website. Log in there and try to find something like that.[Forthent should have look like the same settings as On Telecoms (mine)].
Posted Image
Posted Image

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms" ,="" cursive'="">"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

#13 CC:)

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMoscow, RU

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

@Luffy,

for me new patch is almost ok, since my ping just 10% higher then usual. now 50ms.

as regards yours, even with your "good" ping 90-120 ms your reg must be sucks...i cant imagine how it is possible to play with ping over 80ms.

as regards your settings, make sure that when you open css, programs with high inet traffic consumption are shut down. (antivirus, torrents, windows or other running updates). Also, for better performance of css, you may try to set "high" priority for hl.2 process in Task Bar Manager - in general it will improove your game anyways.

as for tracert command, you did it, but unfortunately you cannot "read" it normally. So you better use instead of ''tracert 78.46.42.232" this command in cmd window "ping -n 10 78.46.42.232" so you will see finally the average ping. I recommend to do it twice, when css is shut down and when it is running. Cos you know results like "37-109" are weird.

#14 Luffy-4-

Luffy-4-

On my way to Raftel

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

Thanks again CC for your helpful reply!! I did your new command test you suggested me to do and the results are:

min: 97 ms max: 109 ms average: 101 ms

Again its exactly as my standard ping is so i really dont really get what happened with the new patch!!
FYI CC i dont really lag with a 100 ping nor have i bad reg, but i wouldnt count on my opinion as i have never played with a ping lower that 95 o i wouldnt know the difference!!

Thanks again for your help!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users