• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 NiTrOwow

NiTrOwow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:03 PM

Hi,

I was worried about the cheaters all the time that will kill setti. I have a solution for you guys.
Don't worry i'm now 4 years in hacking/cracking/security/coding selection.. Working my way out to secure servers (sql) game servers auch servers and so on..

Just one tip to get rid of the biggest free cheats out there on the webz
Project-7, tobys, etc

Install smac, and steambans addon. Problem solved. Even x22cheats will fail at smac. So i would say give it a shot. And trust me i used x22 to and other i already have 2 banned accounts (One vac one steambanned) I know what the best way is to ensure the amount of cheaters wallhackers aimbotters. Aimbotters are easy to take out. The biggest thing they will fail all at is View angle becuz of the FOV. They will recieve a perm ban when detected. 90% of all those cheats have it enabled on default. Noobs will be banned instance.

And steambans is just awesome, one demo of a cheater with steambans addon installed > sb_status > www.steambans.com > report > Approved? Yes > Player banned of 931 servers!

Just please do something about i don't give a shit what but just fix the cheat problem to gain more players and have more fun!
Becuz i love the GO4CSS server. And one thing! (last one) Please add the admins skins to the sv_pure ignore list. So Material wallhack wont work.

Smac for eye angles violation.
Also install zblock for anti name-changers.
And command line flooding and so on.

Helpful Linkz:
http://steambans.com/
http://zblock.mgamez.eu/

https://forums.allie...p/t-169586.html
or
http://forums.allied...ad.php?t=138050

I hope you guys take my advice. And hope to see improvements on the server security so..

Best Regards,
NiTrOwow
Posted Image
CrossFireX 5870's

#2 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

Thanks.

We had zBlock installed for a while about week ago. Normal players reported strange problems with zBlock restrictions. Then we disabled zBlock. It caused too much trouble for casual players.

What is smac?

#3 Perplexer

Perplexer

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 668 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

Apparently something like KAC ? I've seen references to smac a few time in the recent days so it seems people are using it and are satisfied. Maybe we should give it a try. If we don't like it we can always throw it out.

#4 Zbang

Zbang

One of us

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

All good ideas in the OP... cheaters are a pleague and must be crucified. Also sv_pure should be enabled on all servers so that custom skins like bright colored player models won't be alowed. I even support and sugested setti should add a legit steam server to the list.

#5 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

Well somebody should find out more about SMAC. People said zBlock would be good too, but then we got lots of reports from players getting kicked, banned or otherwise restricted because zBlock thought they were cheating. Then we tossed zBlock. What does this SMAC do? Is it good or is it just another plugin causing trouble for normal players?

#6 cpanther

cpanther

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

You could just single up the most popular cheats and disable then..
Most cheaters are noobs and they find the cheats online already make... aim_bot.. speed hack..and so on.
If I remember correctly most cheats needs to be activated trough the console.. maybe is a way to disable that commands with a .cfg script ? duno much about it.. but maybe some one knows how to do it.
You don't need to be, to be some one, but been who you are is everything you need to be.

#7 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Once I thought that maybe the cheaters send different kind of data than normal players. Maybe the data itself is so much different from the normal players that the cheaters can be detected based on the data amount and "shape".

For example aimbotter or speedhacker must send some kind of data to the server to move around. That data must differ somehow from the normal packets. Maybe expanding Rate Tables [ http://css.setti.inf...ads/ratetables/ ] to detect "strange" data behaviour could be possible. For example speedhacker might be sending 2x more data than normal player. That would be easy to detect. Aimbotter might be sending also somehow detectable data. Wallhackers probably couldn't be detected because the hack happens passively on the client side. Anyway, the bulk data could reveal something interesting.

I don't have hacks installed, so I can't test the theory. Anyway it would require quite a lot of time to look at the network dumps and compare how the data looks. Eventually it could be that the data is very similar to normal players.

#8 cpanther

cpanther

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

Like I say... duno much about it... but maybe this comands can be use to block some cheats ?

sv_consistency <0/1>
sv_maxvelocity
sv_maxspeed
You don't need to be, to be some one, but been who you are is everything you need to be.

#9 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

Enabling sv_pure and sv_consistency block some cracked players from playing. Zblock automatically activates sv_pure and maybe sv_consistency. People get kicked for petty reasons. Zblock is impossible to configure otherwise.
Posted Image

#10 NiTrOwow

NiTrOwow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Thanks.

We had zBlock installed for a while about week ago. Normal players reported strange problems with zBlock restrictions. Then we disabled zBlock. It caused too much trouble for casual players.

What is smac?

Smac is source mod anti-cheat.

Best Regards.
Posted Image
CrossFireX 5870's

#11 NiTrOwow

NiTrOwow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

Well somebody should find out more about SMAC. People said zBlock would be good too, but then we got lots of reports from players getting kicked, banned or otherwise restricted because zBlock thought they were cheating. Then we tossed zBlock. What does this SMAC do? Is it good or is it just another plugin causing trouble for normal players?

Steambans addon would also be great for vacced steam player who change from the original masterlist to the setti masterlist, They would be possible be steamban banned to and vac so they will be nice and cleanly blocked by it.
Posted Image
CrossFireX 5870's

#12 NiTrOwow

NiTrOwow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

Servers under ddos attack now... My god just install a few scripts and all the problems are solved.....
This sucksss.

~NiTrOwow
Posted Image
CrossFireX 5870's

#13 ducky

ducky

One of us

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Locationbehind ur mom

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Heh I like how people inflate their skills. Have no fear, I also have 4 years of INTERNET experience and can show you my Internet PhD diploma I bought from lolcats.
k1ller and Ghost must act politically correct, since it's their website, but I don't have to sugar coat what you think they (k1ller and Ghost) think of you Mr. Nitrosuperleethacker.

I don't mind the little scripts you do NitroWOW, but cheating @CSS while pretending to help on a CSS forum is hypocrisy.
Why else you upload these videos, other than to brag?

&more at your channel.

You're also a member on thebotnet.com, thats not a nice website. On your own website http://wss-coding.com your friend apparently spreads some undetectable css hacks, how nice of him.

You will reply that you do it for "science" or your own research. Sadly people flip to the darkside very fast.

#14 masterx

masterx

Expert

• Moderators - CS admin
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:27 AM

Cheater or not - he has a point here.
Always I join that new GO server, there are 2-4 aim/speeders + numerous wallhackers...
So maybe Perplexer could get his ass up, and do his magic, edit KAC so it works properly again? :)):):)

OR as perp said! We could give that SMAC a try

Apparently something like KAC ? I've seen references to smac a few time in the recent days so it seems people are using it and are satisfied. Maybe we should give it a try. If we don't like it we can always throw it out.

c2=a2+b2-2abcosγ

#15 Reaper_FIN

Reaper_FIN

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:17 AM

I would suggest using DetoCS

#16 NiTrOwow

NiTrOwow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

STILL NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. WTF.
Posted Image
CrossFireX 5870's

#17 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

Steambans = Obviously doesn't make much sense at Setti :wacko:
KAC = Already installed
SMAC = What is this? Same as KAC?
zBlock = This was tested but caused more problems than solved

Plugins can be installed and tested. However it doesn't make sense to just install random crap to see whether it works or not. Good administration has proven to be best effort in fighting cheating + idiots.

PS. Why is the animu characther in your sig programming on a Mac (ESPON is the brand) with Windows command prompt? Opening and closing new windows all the time.
Posted Image

#18 NiTrOwow

NiTrOwow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

Steambans = Obviously doesn't make much sense at Setti :wacko:
KAC = Already installed
SMAC = What is this? Same as KAC?
zBlock = This was tested but caused more problems than solved

Plugins can be installed and tested. However it doesn't make sense to just install random crap to see whether it works or not. Good administration has proven to be best effort in fighting cheating + idiots.

PS. Why is the animu characther in your sig programming on a Mac (ESPON is the brand) with Windows command prompt? Opening and closing new windows all the time.

Obviously you seem to know nothing about security.
Steambans makes diffrents. And SMAC = source mod anti cheat (just an awesome anti engine)

King Regards,
NiTrOwow
Posted Image
CrossFireX 5870's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users