Chuck's Content

There have been 12 items by Chuck (Search limited from 17-November 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#89358 "This server requires you to be running Steam"

Posted by Chuck on 10 June 2013 - 10:15 PM in Setti CS:S servers

Having same exact problem:

1. Our steam ID [1:0] is not valid.  Steam must be running and you must be logged in

The server requires that you be running Steam.
2. what do you mean?
3. I use the shortcut on the desktop

#72611 #GameUI_ServerRequireSteam

Posted by Chuck on 03 September 2012 - 10:50 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

I told him to do that.. but he did, and it wont help.. I thing the reason is that he has a steam and cracked steam..

I deleted cracked steam

#72610 #GameUI_ServerRequireSteam

Posted by Chuck on 03 September 2012 - 10:49 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

Someone told me I should try changing my Steam ID? Do you know how to? and I did just the same error

#72584 #GameUI_ServerRequireSteam

Posted by Chuck on 03 September 2012 - 08:40 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

Hey its Chuck Ive waited 2 years and finally cs:s has stopped crashing on windows 7 lawl. anyways when i try to connect to any server even the setti it says:

Our steam ID [1:0] is not valid.  Steam must be running and you must be logged in
#GameUI_ServerRequireSteam

Im not running Steam, Ive read the FAQ, rev.ini is in ANSI format , i have done clean installs while all my firewalls and antivirus is disabled(I have Norton), Ive tried to delete addons in the cstrike folder too. so.....anyone have any solutions?

#57626 Counter-Strike: Source SteamPipe [Setti]

Posted by Chuck on 24 December 2011 - 11:55 PM in Releases

b00bs, I've been getting hl2.exe has stopped working since patch 36...any help? I've been patient and waiting for a fix via valve patches but none have worked. I have windows 7 x64 build 7601

#44111 UPDATE DOESNT WORK ON WINDOWS 7

Posted by Chuck on 05 July 2011 - 11:18 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

Try running as an administrator. Right click HL2.exe, Properties, Compatibility tab, check "run as an administrator". Give it a try and let me know if it works.

Cheers.

SAme exact problem....and patch 39 didnt work it has to do with the file client.dll

#43944 hl2.exe has stopped working

Posted by Chuck on 04 July 2011 - 08:57 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

Try this:
First -delete folder addons from cstrike
Second - open regedit go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete folder Valve .
Third - play the game.
Let me know if is working

what the heck DELETE ALL REGISTRY ENTRIES FOR VALVE?!?! IT HAS ALL THE SETTINGS! AND I HAVE STEAM!

#43942 UPDATE DOESNT WORK ON WINDOWS 7

Posted by Chuck on 04 July 2011 - 08:54 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

nope, doesnt work....i checked the event viewer and it says the faulting module is in cstrike\bin\client.dll. It was fine before the update on steam, but now it doesnt work...

#43541 Counter-Strike: Source SteamPipe [Setti]

Posted by Chuck on 30 June 2011 - 08:51 PM in Releases

same for me it crash's alot, but ive notticed its mainly the steam servers that make it crash. go to the right of this page and click CS:S Source under Server Lists. look threw those and connect using the ip in console. just type connect space then the whole ip. worked for me

The problem is that it doesn't load up at all. It starts up, shows the loading screen for a second, closes, beeps, and then the window pops up.

yup same exact thing.....sigh....

#43540 hl2.exe has stopped working

Posted by Chuck on 30 June 2011 - 08:47 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

DUDE SAME HERE!!!! i have been trying to figure out whats wrong ):

#43450 Counter-Strike: Source SteamPipe [Setti]

Posted by Chuck on 30 June 2011 - 01:28 AM in Releases

anyone also have a problem with patch 37 and 38?!?!?! I have windows 7 x64 it keeps crashing since 37 and 38. patch 36 worked fine....anyone have the same problem?

#42979 UPDATE DOESNT WORK ON WINDOWS 7

Posted by Chuck on 26 June 2011 - 09:26 PM in Counter-Strike: Source

Ok anyway, I just updated CS:S to newest version patch 37 because many servers were running this...now everytime i open it i see the wallpaper and it crashes saying hl2.exe has stopped working...I am running windows 7 64-bit