• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

This will be my third time finishing the game. It's one of the best games ever.

I haven't played Deuteros, but maybe I will. I need to download amigaemu and get the game somewhere. You of course played it on native platform, right ;)

Back then in the good o' times the games were about good design and finish. Not anything like this C&CT3 with all just flashing lights and shit :)

#22 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:11 AM

what about duke nukem 3D ,huh? nobody talks about it :) I think it's one of the best games I've ever played -AWSOME ;)

#23 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:36 AM

I haven't played Deuteros, but maybe I will. I need to download amigaemu and get the game somewhere. You of course played it on native platform, right ;)

Originally I played it on the Amiga but I did the replay on the PC with an emulator (WinUAE or Fellow). And yeah, today's kids will never know what a good game really is. All they know is rally sims, 1st person shooters and C&C type crap. :-)

#24 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

And yeah, today's kids will never know what a good game really is.

It doesn't matter if im 30 years younger than u, i also played some seriously old games, maybe not this UFO, but still ( don't make me remember their names, that was 7-9 years ago), i liked those games a lot, even when i started to play more modern games i still returned to those old one's untill the graphics gap got too big.

And i agree that older games had a more sophisticated gameplay than those today ( but its really hard for me to watch a guy with a square head)

#25 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

It's not about graphics. I think UFO would get too tense for you. You couldn't finish it because of the nightmares :shock:

#26 xevax

xevax

• Guests
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:55 PM

UFO2 - Terror from the deep is still my all-time favourite. I remember long nights, hunting for aquatoids and lobstermen, and then suddently being scared like shit by a bio-drone or tentaculat... ahh those crazy underwater sounds :)))

This was also the first "multiplayer game" I played. We were sitting with my 3 cousins in front of a 486, everyone had his/her own agent, and we were moving with ourselves, changing seats all the time. As no one wanted to die, we were reloading the game 1000 times.

Good old times! Games were making me "happy". (Now CSS is like a routine..)

#27 Guest_

Guest_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:49 PM

ufo2 was one made for money, it felt for me like bad ufo1 mod... prolly u started "ufo gaming" from ufo2!?

#28 xevax

xevax

• Guests
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

B00bs, you say that coz you weren't playing a lot with X-Com 2. Although it's similar to 1, it has a different, and extremely awesome feeling!

#29 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:45 AM

How do I get the engine installed in Deuteros http://css.setti.inf...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_question.gif http://css.setti.inf...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_question.gif http://css.setti.inf...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_question.gif I'm stuck on Earth! Damn :evil:

#30 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:17 AM

Now I found "engine mounting". I hate dark gfx.

#31 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:27 AM

Enough for now, but the next session will be for hours :mrgreen:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users