Masterserver installation instructions

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#121 Guest_theclone

Guest_theclone
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:34 PM

I have a problem.

I installed the masterservers correctly, but the servers do not load. Is this a problem with my file or my internet connection?

#122 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:59 AM

You may need to delete all masterservers.vdf and masterserver2.vdf (notice file names!) in your game or Steam directories for it to work.

Then follow install instructions again: http://css.setti.inf...r-instructions/
Posted Image

#123 Guest_amstel

Guest_amstel
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:55 PM

How it works on lan?

#124 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:37 PM

Masterserver is not for LAN. Masterserver sends you the IP addresses of game servers. Then you can connect to those via serverbrowser. It works if your internet connection works.
Posted Image

#125 Guest_toasts

Guest_toasts
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:49 AM

im using steamup and downloaded TF2, the whole game is fine and even when i type in console to connect to a setti server it plays fine.

however no matter what i do i cant get the setti servers to show up in server browser, all i see is the 4000 regular.

Ive tried naming it masterserver2.vdf, masterservers2.vdf, masterserver.vdf, etc

then ive totally restarted steam each time, yet it still shows the regular servers list.

I then searched my whole computer for masterserver.vdf files and made sure there was only the ones in the steam folder,yet still nothing seems to works.

thanks

#126 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

Make sure you don't have Steam running when you're replacing the files.

Another thing you can try is installing the masterserver only for TF2. Make sure you've started TF2 at least once through Steam. Then go to the steamapps\USER\team fortress 2\platform\config\ and copy masterserver2.vdf and masterservers.vdf (both being http://css.setti.inf...sterServers.vdf ) there. You probably don't have such files there yet, but it doesn't matter. Then restart Steam and launch TF2 normally. You should have Setti masterserver in TF2.

#127 Guest_Unal

Guest_Unal
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:24 PM

Hi from Paris, France,

Setti Masterservers works fine, I get the Setti list in the ingame browser, it is awesome.
But I've got a question :

I just would like to know why we can't connect to many of the servers ? The connection dialog box pops-up and then immediately disappears. We are able to connect only to about 1/4 of the servers.

The problem isn't my firewall neither my Internet Box, because it do the same on every different PCs/connections.
It is like the problem comes from the servers but they aren't empty, there are people playing on it, so it's weird. How did they do to get the connection working ?

Is there a file we have to get or a setting we have to set to be able to connect to these 3/4 servers ?

Sorry for my approximative english.

Salutations.

#128 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

There have been lots of updates lately and not all server have been updated. So either your game is outdated or the servers are outdated. You and the server admins must be updating the game.
Posted Image

#129 Guest_Unal

Guest_Unal
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:21 PM

Thank you for replying.

My game is updated to the last version so I think these servers are outdated.

#130 Guest_vincent

Guest_vincent
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:37 AM

the serverlist is updating forever and nothing can be seen in the console, I am using standalone left 4 dead 1.0.1.8. I have read all previously mentioned solutions and none of them had any effect, one other strange thing: the game does not create a new masterservers/2.vdf file if I delete them from everywhere (platform/config, config, bin/config) so I don't know which one is effective, I have routed the necessary UDP ports (27015, 27005, 3100), what else is left ?

#131 Guest_Unal

Guest_Unal
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

Start a search in your entire hard drive with the keyword "masterserver"

Anyway, I'm not sure but I think that the SETTI masterservers/2.vdf file works only for HL/HL2 based games, because the server fetching processus is the same for all HL/HL2 based games. So, for all non-HL/HL2 based games, the procedure may be different.. I repeat, it is only my thought.

#132 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

L4D and L4D2 should be working with Setti masterserver. They use the same query method as HL1 and HL2.

#133 Guest_vincent

Guest_vincent
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

is there a php script on the site somewhere that creates a serverbrowser.vdf, maybe that will work

#134 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:20 AM

Use this http://css.setti.inf...sterServers.vdf

#135 Guest_GOODFELLA

Guest_GOODFELLA
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:06 AM

I downloaded the newest release of CS Source and I downloaded and installed the newest masterserver.vdf when i go to find servers and I click on a server all it says is, "the server you are trying to connect to is running an older version of the game" I dont know what to do now

#136 Guest_GOODFELLA

Guest_GOODFELLA
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:10 AM

I dont have steam either, if that helps any...do I need steam to play?

#137 Guest_GOODFELLA

Guest_GOODFELLA
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:32 AM

nvm I just needed to install the new patch. Thanx though!!

#138 Guest_King_Geroge

Guest_King_Geroge
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:55 AM

I'm so confused......

How you actually DOWNLOAD the MasterServers.vsf file?

#139 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:50 AM

I'm so confused......

How you actually DOWNLOAD the MasterServers.vsf file?

Most likely you already have Masterserver installed in your CS:S. If you downloaded your CS:S from Piratebay or actually from anywhere then it's likely to have Masterserver pre-installed.

Answer to your question is: Right click on the link -> Save as... -> follow the instructions. MasterServers.vdf is a plain text file so you can even copy & paste the text with Notepad if you can't get it to work otherwise.
Posted Image

#140 Guest_nicu2006

Guest_nicu2006
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:00 PM

hi!
I have just installed css orange box 2010 nosteam setti, after that i instaled the update 20 ( Patch_v20[0.to.20](1.0.0.55) I placed the masterservers.vdf file in the correct directory ( also made it read onyl) but there are no servers showing up in the internet server list after i click refresh.
it says: "no internet games responded to the query query".
no filters are active.
only the setti preconfigured servers work, i can connect to them.
can anyone help me?
thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users