227 replies to this topic

#161 b00bs

b00bs

Wickedsick Member

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:39 AM

hi ghost

i am playing css i download the Counter-Strike Source 2010 Orange Box NoSteam Setti from pirate bay i didin't install the game
atfer downloading from pirate bay i open the folder it jus have 2 files onli i jus click on the one which extract all the files n put in my c:/ drive after everything was ok i was playing wit bots... i wanted to play online so i download the master server from this webpage i followed the instruction given once i wan to connect to other server its says this

ConVarRef sb_dontshow_maxplayer_warning doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Network: IP 192.168.1.1, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
Connecting to 91.201.228.195:27027...

Host_Error: Unexepected authentication protocol 37485458!

an also "invaild steam key size"
"can't execute steam.exe
you must set the right game directory in settings

i also try to delete the steam from my C:\Counter Strike Source 2010\platform\steam
its has onli this two files ClientGameInfo.vdf and PlatformMenu.vdf once i delete n start the css the main menu which has option to find server add sever css setti pub 4 and so on its not visible

i really need your help to play online thks for takin your time to reply n helping me out

update game (after you reinstall/extract game) -> http://css.setti.inf...x-nosteam-setti

PS:
If want to fuckup your game completely then you must to delete more filez! :D

i tried deleting the steam files after tht i can't launch css is there any other version of css tht i can dl from you coz the css i download onli extract files which is the css no steam orange setti it didn't install the game

Oh I see. Delete more thbt filez from vindovz floder to sii more errorz, *.dl files are gud fr thbt. Giude thnb mre filez -> How to delete more filez

Pst here thn yo gt new errorz

#162 Guest_delano

Guest_delano
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:43 AM

hi ghost

i am playing css i download the Counter-Strike Source 2010 Orange Box NoSteam Setti from pirate bay i didin't install the game
atfer downloading from pirate bay i open the folder it jus have 2 files onli i jus click on the one which extract all the files n put in my c:/ drive after everything was ok i was playing wit bots... i wanted to play online so i download the master server from this webpage i followed the instruction given once i wan to connect to other server its says this

ConVarRef sb_dontshow_maxplayer_warning doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Network: IP 192.168.1.1, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
Connecting to 91.201.228.195:27027...

Host_Error: Unexepected authentication protocol 37485458!

an also "invaild steam key size"
"can't execute steam.exe
you must set the right game directory in settings

i also try to delete the steam from my C:\Counter Strike Source 2010\platform\steam
its has onli this two files ClientGameInfo.vdf and PlatformMenu.vdf once i delete n start the css the main menu which has option to find server add sever css setti pub 4 and so on its not visible

i really need your help to play online thks for takin your time to reply n helping me out

update game (after you reinstall/extract game) -> http://css.setti.inf...x-nosteam-setti

PS:
If want to fuckup your game completely then you must to delete more filez! :D

i tried deleting the steam files after tht i can't launch css is there any other version of css tht i can dl from you coz the css i download onli extract files which is the css no steam orange setti it didn't install the game

Oh I see. Delete more thbt filez from vindovz floder to sii more errorz, *.dl files are gud fr thbt. Giude thnb mre filez -> How to delete more filez

hi boobs can u send me the steps in english coz i don no the lanauge the sent me sorry thks...

#163 b00bs

b00bs

Wickedsick Member

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:52 AM

hi boobs can u send me the steps in english coz i don no the lanauge the sent me sorry thks...

1) Delete your extracted game
2) Extract game again
3) Update -> http://css.setti.inf...-nosteam-setti/
4) Never delete any files at home(we can do it, because we are trained professionals) :D

#164 Guest_delano

Guest_delano
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:17 AM

1) Delete your extracted game
2) Extract game again
3) Update -> http://css.setti.inf...-nosteam-setti/
4) Never delete any files at home(we can do it, because we are trained professionals) :D

THKS ALOT BOOBS i now can play online wit others after installing the patch file but i got one problem now when i join the servers i get kicked out due to high ping is there a way to this problem thks alot

#165 Guest_aazaa

Guest_aazaa
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:00 AM

Hey,

I've got standalone TF2, and i've installed the masterservers into the appropriate directory, but I'm prompted with "no permission to run TF2". Do i have to patch the game? And if so, then can i just grab the update from the official steam website?

#166 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:42 AM

@ aazaa
Start new thread. This is about Masterserver installation instructions.

#167 Guest_jonah

Guest_jonah
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:14 AM

does gmod work for this? if so i tried and it didn't work. it still said STEAM validation rejected. do i need to modify the text in any way?

#168 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:52 AM

Masterserver works for GMOD too. There are only few GMOD servers. You can find them at http://css.setti.info/servers/other/ and look for gametype "sandbox".

#169 Guest_Adam

Guest_Adam
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:19 AM

Hi, I've installed the TF2 non-steam offered by EPCGaming.com and updated it all the way to 1.1.1.8 and also installed their epc pack a.k.a rev-emu that's supposed to use your setti server masterlist. But, it seems the list is old, old versions of the game and old lists of servers. So, I came here and got your newest list and replaced the old list as directed, but it doesn't seem to change the list in the game at all.

I'm guessing that EPC pack refers to a list (probably built by setti) in a different location, but I can't seem to find it if that's true. Any help?

#170 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:31 AM

Do you know if the EPC release uses RevEmu? If so, then the masterservers.vdf (or masterserver2.vdf) does not have effect. It's bug in RevEmu.

#171 Guest_^Infernus

Guest_^Infernus
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:58 AM

Hi, I resently tryed to install latest "masterservers.vdf" file but it seems that it doesn't work. Servers won't update in the "cs -> Find server -> Internet" It just shows blank page with "Getting new server list..." at the bottom.

Is there any fix for that?

#172 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

Download b00bs' Orangebox CS:S release. Link is on the main page.

Reason why it might not work is a) you are doing it wrong or b) read Ghost's post above.
Posted Image

#173 Guest_^Infernus

Guest_^Infernus
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

Ehm, I forgot to mention that I use CS 1.6
That one you suggested is for source.

And btw, I don't see anything that I can do wrong since there's only one file that I need to replace in config direction...

#174 Ghost

Ghost

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:01 PM

Reason why it might not work is a) you are doing it wrong or b) read Ghost's post above.

#175 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:03 PM

Ehm, I forgot to mention that I use CS 1.6
That one you suggested is for source.

And btw, I don't see anything that I can do wrong since there's only one file that I need to replace in config direction...

How about the option b) I suggested?

The masterserver is very simple configuration option - that is, the masterservers.vdf file. It simply tells on which address the game asks for servers. You can easily test stuff with it.

1. Delete the file (or rename it)
2. Start game -> game will recreate masterservers.vdf with default settings
3. You should see serverlist from Valve's official list
4. Change masterservers.vdf to Setti's masterservers.vdf
5. You should see serverlist from Setti's list

At this point you should be much wiser on where the problem lies. Masterservers.vdf is a text file so you can open it in Notepad.

#176 ^Infernus

^Infernus

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:51 PM

Reason why it might not work is a) you are doing it wrong

Don't think I am that kind of noob, done it before and it worked fine. Now just stuck on some wierd thingy

1. Delete the file (or rename it)
2. Start game -> game will recreate masterservers.vdf with default settings
3. You should see serverlist from Valve's official list
4. Change masterservers.vdf to Setti's masterservers.vdf
5. You should see serverlist from Setti's list

Option "b" didn't fix the problem either, k1ller.
Ehh.. And.. I tryed your steps that you suggested, and got to that new file didn't create it self in my "Path: D:\Games\Counter Strike 1.6 Clean\platform\config", "Step 2". And, I didn't see Valve's official list servers "Step 3".

My posible reasons:
1. Maybe the problem could be located in what operating system I use? Since I used "Windows xp professional" before and everything worked fine. Now I am on "xp home".
2. Maybe it's that it doesn't know from where to load the MasterServer.vdf?
3. Ports? Maybe I have some port closed...?
4. Cs1.6 Patches? I'm on patch v29 currently.
5. Maybe Steam affects it? Well, i'm on nonsteam.. steam shouldn't bother then.

#177 Guest_william

Guest_william
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:18 PM

if i click the link to download the masterservers.vdf i just get an internetadress, not at a download bar or anything? i have cs 1.6 downloaded, it's non steam. i can only play on servers under favorites. please help?

#178 ^Infernus

^Infernus

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

So, what could the problem be? -.-

#179 k1ller

k1ller

Admin

• Moderators - Admin
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:15 AM

So, what could the problem be? -.-

Try to get it working on official Valve's list first. If you can't get that to work then you can't expect Setti's masterserver to work any better.

You can try renaming masterservers.vdf to masterserver2.vdf but I think that only applies to newer games like TF2 and L4D2. Also I'm quite confident you didn't a) read my b) suggestion or you b) didn't understand it. Read this post carefully: http://css.setti.inf...dpost__p__18996
Posted Image

#180 ^Infernus

^Infernus

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

Nvm -.-, solved by replacing all .vdf files in config folder to default. And it appeared that ServerBrowser.vdf was blocking internet connection somehow. All .vdf files I used was from my privious cs1.6, prorably that was causing the error.

And "k1ller", to be honest I red almost throw everything on this forum to find a solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users